So I decided that since I had a long weekend with nothing planned to do that I would potty train the girls. My friend Mary used this 3 day potty training routine to potty train her daughter and I thought that sounded like something we needed to try. It is now the end of Day 1 and I'm exhausted! Our day started at 7:45 with the girls throwing away their diapers (although they are really just in the garage) and putting on their big girl panties. They were excited to have them on and we went on our way. By 8:30 we had our first accident on the kitchen floor...Abbie looked down and started crying and we ran to sit on our new potty chair. This routine continued the rest of the day. Alaina did well and went on the potty 5 times, Abbie went on the potty 4 times but couldn't get her timing down to get to the bathroom before she was done. The idea behind this is that they will eventually get tired of wetting themselves and will learn to tell us when they have to use the potty. The author says that it should click with them sometime within the next 3 days...I hope sooner than later, considering we went through 38 pairs of panties today! I will update again tomorrow. Here are some pictures of the girls in their big girl panties.

1 comment:
Hope Day 2 is going better!
Post a Comment